Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Mendenhall Family

Alright, I finally figured out how to do this blog thing. After reading some other blogs I have decided to give a little background on my family.

Mitch and I met in high school. We aren't high school sweethearts. We did date for a few months. We were married March 19, 2005, so this March we will have been married for 5 years. March 10, 2009 our daughter, Makenzie Lou was born. She is such a happy baby! She is just over 10 months old. We moved to Louisville in August/September so Mitch could attend the Univeristy of Louisville Medical School. He is crazy busy studying, but doing amazing. I did find a job just before Thanksgiving. I am a server at Chili's. Not what I was wanting to do, but it is close to home and giving us an income. Makenzie is climbing everything! She loves to "cruise" around the furniture and occasionally is brave enough to try standing on her own.

Over New Year's I thought about how amazing it is that our lives could change so much in a year. We went from two to three, Mitch graduated from BYU, I quit my full-time job and we moved to Kentucky. It was all a bit overwhelming at first, but we have adjusted. There are a few things I miss about Utah. 1: The grid system. I can't find anything without our GPS. 2: Driving 2 minutes to church. It's crazy we have a church building less than 10 minutes away from our house, but we have to travel 20-25 minutes to our church building. 3: Stephen's Hot Chocolate. They don't carry it in stores here. Luckily my mom brought us a giant can when I saw them in Missouri. And 4: We definitely miss our families. But, we are totally thankful for technology. With blogs, facebook, cell phones, the internet and webcams we are able to stay in touch.

Here are some pictures from the last little while!

Makenzie opening her first Christmas gift. It is her Christmas Eve PJs!



Her favorite part about Christmas was the box the toy came in!



Makenzie riding her new toy. She loves it!



We finally bought her a high chair. It has made meal times so much better.



Makenzie pulling herself up. She gets so proud of herself whenever she does anything. It is so cute. She also loves to have her picture taken.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new and imiproved Blog! Mine is so hard to read but it took forever to figure it out so i'm leaving it :) and those pictures are soooo dang cute. I can't wait to hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! Cute family! I have a blog too. n-stapley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete