Tuesday, August 14, 2012

six months

July 29

Alex has officially been around for half of a year. She has changed so much, but is managing to just get cuter and cuter! This month was full of milestones.




Alex... 
is mobile!
she scoots around on her belly.
she reaches out with her arms and then pushes off with her feet.
basically throws herself forward!
still isn't a fan of sitting still,
but can (will) for short periods of time.
went swimming for the first time (officially).
she loves to splash!
had her first cold.
she has Makenzie to thank for it.
I tried to keep Makenzie away from her,
but Makenzie loves her too much!
is soothed by music.
Makenzie sings to her when she cries.
is so petite.
still wears 3-6 month clothes.
they're still big on her.
she'll be wearing them for a while longer.
also still wearing size 2 diapers.
won't be a change there for some time either.
is working on eating.
has had her first fruits and veggies.
watermelon and sweet potatoes.
she's loving food!
is still sleeping in our room.
we're wanting to move her into Makenzie's room.
just a little hesitant.
she went through a spurt of waking up a bunch at night.
she's back to getting up at 5ish each morning to eat,
but goes right back to sleep for a couple of more hours.
it could be worse.
we're working on getting a sleeping routine down.
she's taking 2 naps during the day.
sometimes 3 if they're shorter.
babbles all the time!
sometimes says "mamama"
I love it!
still sucks her thumb,
but only if she doesn't have a binky around
and when she's tired.
I have a pet name for her,
I call her "honey"
and she's such a sweet little honey!




getting away!





starting to "sniff" at me! - does this a lot


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she is adorable. Lynlee sniffs too. Also Lynlee is still wearing size 2 diapers and she is 10 months (I don't know why she isn't gaining weight she eats A LOT). I can't wait for them to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for them to meet too! They'll just love each other. The little ladies will be so cute together! Alex has actually put on 8 oz in a 10 day period. I'm guessing she's going through a growth spurt!

    ReplyDelete