Poor little Alex developed a limp. It was the saddest thing. Unfortunately, Mitch and I didn't know what happened. Her knee was swollen and she couldn't straighten her leg. The only time she acted in pain though, was when we would attempt to straighten it. She learned to cope with the limp and walked hunched over. She didn't let it slow her down in the least bit!
After waiting through the weekend, I took her into the family medicine clinic Monday morning. Mitch was working at the clinic that day. His patient actually didn't show up, so he was able to come in with us. After examining Alex, they weren't exactly sure what was wrong. They decided to get some blood work to rule out infection and some x-rays to make sure there wasn't a break.
First up was the blood draw. Alex was amazing. Not even a whimper. Makenzie on the other hand was extremely nervous for Alex, so she hung out with Rose (one of the residency ladies). Once we were done with the lab stuff we headed over for the x-rays. I was able to drop off Makenzie at a friends, which was super helpful.
Alex was so great. She was a little nervous when I laid her down on the table, but once I put the protective stuff on and knelt beside her, she was ok.
All the tests and x-rays came back normal. There wasn't anything to explain what was going on with her knee. The next thing to do was wait a week to see if it got better on its own. About a week later the limp was completely gone. I was pretty relieved when she started walking normal again. I was pretty worried about her. Little Alex was a champ and adapted and just kept acting like her sweet (and sassy) little self!

The hunched walk was sad but also super cute! :) glad she's walking normal though.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness she is so big! What a doll!
ReplyDelete