Thursday, February 27, 2014

our november adventure

November 1

During residency Mitch gets 3 1-week periods off for vacation time. The first week of November was Mitch's first week off. We decided that we would drive to Oregon to visit my sister, Katelin, and her family. Mitch had to work the morning of the first, so once he was home we loaded into the van and headed to Oregon. After a long day of traveling we arrived in Beaverton pretty late. We said hello to Kate, but then all headed to bed. We were excited to spend the next few days together!

The next morning Makenzie and Alex were so excited to see Brooklyn and Avery. That was the beginning of what would be a crazy 5 days with those girls together!

I was excited to see the girls too, but I was especially excited to meet my newest nephew, Nash!

Isn't he cute?!


After breakfast and chatting for a while, we decided to get ready and head into Portland for the day. We first headed downtown to have some lunch at the food trucks.

I could just squeeze those cheeks!

 

 
 
Yummy!
It was a savory waffle and it was delicious!

 
Up next after lunch was the famous Voodoo Doughnuts. There were so many crazy options. I had such a hard time deciding, but then decided to go with their signature Voodoo Doll. Mitch chose the Dirty Little Bastard, which included chocolate, peanut butter, oreos and other not-good-for-you yummy stuff. Mmm, such delicious doughnuts! 

 

 

 
 
So excited for doughnuts!!


Following doughnuts, Kate decided to take the little ones back to the apartment for naps. Bryant and Brooklyn joined myself, Mitch and Makenzie on a trip to Powell's Bookstore. It was the biggest bookstore I have ever been in. They have any book you can imagine. We got a book for each of the girls and could have bought dozens more. I think it's worth a stop if you're ever in Portland.

 
Our last stop was the Nike employee store. My brother-in-law works for Nike and we were told that we needed to go shopping there. Great Nike clothing, shoes and gear at reduced prices. Definitely an awesome perk for working there! Bryant was our personal shoe expert and helped us get new running shoes. We also got something for each of the girls, but definitely wanted to buy more.
 
Having too much fun in the Nike Store!

 
After a fun day in Portland we just hung out the rest of the evening. It was great to just be able to spend time together. It had been almost an entire year since the last time we saw Kate, Bryant and the girls. Plus, I loved getting to snuggle little Nash!

1 comment: