Sunday, March 21, 2010

All because two people fell in love!

On Friday (March 19) Mitch and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long already. It has been a crazy journey so far. To celebrate we spent the day at the Louisville Zoo. This wasn't so much about Mitch and I as it was about Makenzie. She has been to the zoo before, but didn't really notice the animals much. This time was a little different.

Mitch loves the zoo and he has been excited to have Makenzie get excited and involved at the zoo. I think the real fun is just beginning!



There is a petting part in the zoo where you can pet sheep and goats. Makenzie liked petting the animals. Mitch did have to grab her hand a few times because she tends to pull the fur.





Looking at the Tiger! She mostly noticed the animals that were being active (He was pacing back and forth).



In the aviary feeding the birds nectar.





Our favorite part about the zoo experience, the orangutans! We think Makenzie liked him. She just stared at him and he mostly stared at her.



I like this picture because you can see Makenzie's face reflected on the glass.





We thought the penguin exhibit was pretty cool. We could see them swimming around in the water.



Every zoo visit has to end with putting your hands on the spinning, water covered world!





After our fun day trip to the zoo we took Makenzie over to a babysitters while Mitch and I went out to dinner. This was the first time that we went out without Makenzie since moving to Louisville. It was nice to just spend some time together.

So much has happened in the five years we have been married. I can't wait to see what happens during the next five years!

No comments:

Post a Comment