Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain, rain go away!

Two weeks ago we had a really bad rain storm. Mitch woke up in the middle of the night to water dripping from the ceiling onto his computer. It was a good thing he woke up. Well the dripping turned into a faucet pouring when mitch took out this little hook we have in the ceiling. The bucket he had catching the water was filling up so quickly that he had to dump out the water every 30 minutes or so. After some exploring of the apartment we discovered that Makenzie's room upstairs was flooding. Mitch stayed home from church to deal with the water while Makenzie and I went (I had to arrange some things for my Acheivemnt Day activity). We came home to Makenzie's room completely rearranged. The ceiling in her room had water pooling and it had finally burst through, resulting in a small portion of it falling. Luckily, Mitch moved the furniture or else the crib would have caught the ceiling piece and water. I called the complex office and they sent someone over to take a look. They couldn't do anything until the rain stopped. They told us the roofing companty would come by the next day to fix the leak. We had awesome people in our ward invite us over, but we couldn't leave because if the rain came down hard again we would have to empty buckets.

Monday came and went without any roofers stopping by (Mitch stayed home from school to help with the situation - I don't like being the one to have to talk to the workers). On Tuesday I called our complex office again and had told them that we didn't have anyone come by. They said that roofers wouldn't come in, they would be on the roof (she wasn't very nice). They did send someone over to look at the damage inside. The guy tore out the carpet pad and then he told me they would fix everything inside after the roof was fixed (the roofers had not come on Monday). Actually, the roofers didn't show up until Friday, the day of the next scheduled rain storm. Luckily, it didn't rain until Saturday. Mitch and I checked and we didn't have a leak.

This morning it has been raining really hard. It's been a crazy thunder storm. I've checked all of the leak areas and so far we do not have a leak. It looks like the roofers were able to fix the leak. I still wish for the rain to go away just in case it will leak. It has been 10 days from the initial leak and we still do not have any progress in getting the inside fixed. Makenzie has been sleeping in her pack and play in our room. It is starting to stress me out because we are leaving for a trip to Utah in 8 days. It would be nice to have things taken care of before we leave. The joys of living in apartments (at least we don't have to pay for the repairs - I guess there is always a positive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment