Chocolate Mud Pie
Spray or butter a 9x13 pan. Crush 1/2 lb of Oreo cookies. Spread all except about 1/2 cup of the oreos into the pan (I crushed two rows of the Oreo package for the bottom layer). Whip 1/2 gallon of softened ice cream (my Grandma uses vanilla ice cream, I used cookies and cream). Spread on top of cookie crumbs and freeze.
Fudge Suace:
12 oz can of evaporated milk
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup powder sugar
1/2 cup butter
Cook over medium heat. Boil for 8 minutes. Be careful the sauce spits as it is boiling! Then let cool to room temperature. Pour sauce over ice cream and top with remaining cookie crumbs (I used the last row of oreos from the package, minus a few). Freeze again. Allow to soften for 15 minutes before serving.

That looks yummy! Good job Linds. Mom said you can use pepperment ice cream too. So depending on the occassion you can switch it up. I bet mint chocolate chip would be good :)
ReplyDeleteYah, we're going to have to try making this. It looks amazing. Grandma knows best!
ReplyDelete