Now that is established, I'll tell you what I have been up to. I have been working on a few crafts (pictures to come when they are complete), working (as mentioned above), and hanging out with my friends. Girls night watching the Bachelor is the best! I have also been competing in a health challenge and have lost a few pounds (who doesn't love that!). Mitch and I were recently called as primary workers and teach a group of 9 year old boys on Sundays. They are the same group that Mitch has at Cub Scouts on Wednesdays. I'm still an Activity Day leader, so this calling was in addition to our current ones. Mitch also coaches the young men's basketball team. Our callings have been keeping us pretty busy. I'm currently working on ways to keep our primary class's attention and participation. They are quite a handful!
Makenzie is growing up too quickly. A few weeks ago at stake conference I wrote down all of the words Makenzie says. I was able to get to 50, but the list is continually growing (she's learning more and I forgot some she says all the time). Next month she is going to be two! I can't believe how fast the time flies. Makenzie and I go to the library for storytime on Wednesdays. She really enjoys it. She loves books and she loves seeing her friends. She loves to play with her friends and when we aren't with them she's constantly asking about them. She loves watching Super Why and Little Einstein's. She's always asking for "pat pat!" This past week our family was sick and she became quite the TV head. We're working on reversing that. She also likes to color, so we have been spending a lot of time coloring. I'm hoping for a warmer day sometime soon, so we could head to the zoo. We're keeping busy, but can't wait for warmer weather. Makenzie loves taking baths, I could give her one every day! Makenzie also loves to sing and dance around. The other day we were playing in her room and she started singing and doing the hand motions to "popcorn popping." It was so cute! I just love my little girl!
As I mentioned this past week we were all sick. That didn't really help Mitch out since it was his test week. He spent the week at home studying and trying to get better. He still did really well on his exams, but thinks he could have done better if he hadn't been sick. School is keeping him busy. He's been working on staying on top of the load he has this semester along with studying for his board exam that's in June. He has also been working in some shadowing. We are all looking forward to June 4th, the day after his board exam. He'll get a short break from school before 3rd year starts! We have recently added in a date night each week. It has been nice for Mitch and I to spend some time together. If you have any ideas on dates that cost little to no money, please share!
Hopefully you can see we are keeping busy and doing pretty well. We really like living here in Louisville. However, I really hate missing things in Utah. I was really bummed this week when Ryker was born and I couldn't be there to meet him and give his mommy a big hug! But thanks to skype, I'll get to see him real soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment