Monday, May 2, 2011

easter

Easter morning Mitch and I got up and "helped" the easter bunny hide the eggs Makenzie would find. We then went into her room and explained to her that the easter bunny had come and she would get to find hidden eggs. Her bucket was just outside her bedroom door, but she saw an egg so she headed straight to it. There was hidden eggs from her room, down the stairs to the living room where her basket was.

She LOVED finding the eggs! Every time she saw one she would yell out, "EGG!"



Her reaction to her new Hippo! She was set on getting the eggs and didn't notice it at first. Then she turned around and basically ran into it. She said, "oh!" and dropped her eggs and then hugged it. It was great (we caught it on video!).



What she does with the Hippo - sits on it!



Makenzie's Easter basket. Yes, those are freeze-dried apples and yogurt covered raisins - which were the first things eaten.



Discovering what is in the eggs.



Makenzie also received some sticker and coloring books from her grandparents. Along with some bubbles and books. After finding eggs and her basket I made crepes for breakfast. I could use a real crepe pan, but they turned out well. We ate them with nutella and bananas. Delicious!



Makenzie in her Easter dress ready to go to church.



Church was great and really made me remember that Easter is about Christ. The easter bunny, eggs and basket are a lot of fun, but the day truly is about Christ. The ward choir sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" - my favorite hymn - and it was beautiful. In primary the sharing time was focused on the Atonement and Crucifixion and was done really great! I love being a part of teaching the kids in the gospel. I love seeing them learn and feeling the spirit that is in the primary.

After church we had dinner with some friends and an egg hunt for the kids. There were 78 eggs for 3 toddlers. They had a great time finding all of the eggs!

Finding the eggs! At first she would open every egg she picked up, but then it just became about finding all of the eggs.



More candy!



Makenzie and Abby!



Easter was such a fun day! I'm grateful to have shared the day with such great friends. And I'm especially grateful we were able to celebrate the life of our Savior and I do know that He does live!

No comments:

Post a Comment