Monday, November 21, 2011

"Bye Mom!"

Last week Makenzie came up to me with her backpack on and said, "bye mom!" She then gave me a hug and kiss. I asked her where she was going. She responded with, "to see daddy."

This rotation has been long hours for Mitch. I guess Makenzie has been missing him. Every morning when she gets up the first thing she says is, "where's daddy?" She then follows that up with, "at the hospital?" Yes is usually my answer back to her. The last few days she finishes this conversation up with, "daddy's a doctor."

I love that she is understanding a lot more, but that also means that she's growing up (and that we need to be more careful with what we say!).

1 comment:

  1. That's cute! It's fun having them understand things. The funniest stuff is going to come out of her mouth :)

    ReplyDelete