Mitch started rotations again this week. Three days into it and I'm already needing help with our crazy schedule and I'm not loving it. It was so nice to have him around so much over the last couple of months. It's so weird to think that in 4 months Mitch will be graduating and medical school will be over. We're so excited for what's to come next, but I also worry about the hours residency will require and the possible family things Mitch may miss. I tend to worry a lot. Tonight as I was reading an update on my friend's husband (backstory: one of my manager's husband is in the ICU with pancreatitis and has a long recovery a head of him), one part really stood out to me.
"I'd like to take a moment to thank those who choose to get into the medical field. It's demanding, requiring so much time, energy, knowledge and passion. I've asked so many questions, sometimes slightly embarrassed, i.e. "What does your liver actually do?", and every single time, I've gotten patient responses put in terms I can understand. How appreciative I am of these special people, who not only care about Pat's recovery but my mental and physical health as well."
At times medical school has been really difficult. It has demanded a lot out of Mitch and has been trying on all of us. And I know that we have a few more difficult years a head of us. But, you know what? It will all be worth while!
Oh wow!!! I am so terrible about keeping up haha :)
10 years ago

It's going to be a long road but look at it this way, you are almost done with med school!! Thats awesome! Keep going girl!
ReplyDelete