October 20
After many discussions and listing out pros and cons we decided to buy a minivan. I have never wanted to be a mom that drove a minivan, but it really is the best thing for our little family. And as much as I was hating my KIA, I was sad to see it go.
We ended up with a 2009 Honda Odyssey (black with tan interior - I really wanted the charcoal exterior with the gray interior, but I'm liking what we got).
The van, after we signed our lives away!
Makenzie was LOVING the new van!
I love the automatic doors.
SO much room!
Goodbye KIA!
The next day, we decided to go for a drive to get use to how everything worked. Makenzie's favorite part is definitely the DVD player. She chose 'Mary Poppins' as the first movie to watch in the van.
Too bad Alex can't see the movie!
She would try though. I would look back and she would be twisted in her carseat trying to see. I'm sure she'll enjoy it once she is forward facing (which will be a little while!).
A view of the front.
When I told my friends we bought the van I was welcomed into the "Mormon Mom Club." Besides that I feel like I fit the stereotypical idea of a Mormon mom, I also feel kind of old. I told Mitch that driving a minivan makes me feel older. His response was, "well, you are older." I guess I'll have to get use to driving a minivan and being older!
We have been adjusting well to our new vehicle. It only took Makenzie a few weeks to stop asking if we were going to pick up our blue car. To say she loves the van would be a total understatement. I think we are all learning to love the van!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

I only felt old for a little while after buying our van :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys got a nice one, love it! The DVD would be awesome to have. We're saving up for it!