Thursday, October 24, 2013

boise in july

July 3

Mitch's first rotation ended up being pediatrics in Boise. So he was scheduled to be in Boise for the month of July. We decided to go visit for a few days after her started there. He went to Boise on June 30 and we met him there on July 3. When we got there we picked Mitch up from the apartment and then went to dinner. The residency provides an apartment to stay in while in Boise. It's 2 bedroom, one master with a queen bed and a second with bunk beds and a full bed, and 2 bathrooms. I failed to bring Alex's pack n' play so she had to sleep on a bed. That was a challenge while there.

The next day was the 4th of July and unfortunately Mitch had to work all day. The girls and I decided to go hang out with Mitch's aunt and uncle, Tim and Diane. His cousins and their kids were there as well. It was fun to catch up with them and to let the kids play! We were able to watch some fireworks from their backyard and then head back for bed.

The festive shirts my mom got the girls.

 

 
The next day we met up with Mitch's cousins again at a fun indoor play place called Just Kiddin' Around. It was great! They had slides and a playground, a kitchen/store area, an art room, toddler area, plus so much more. The girls had a blast!
 
 
 
Doesn't this place look awesome!
And did I mention they have comfy couches for the parents to hang out on while the kiddos play!

 

 
Later that night after Mitch was off, we headed over to Tim and Diane's again for dinner. This time Mitch was able to see everyone. The next day the girls and I did some shopping for some things for the house at stores we don't have in Pocatello, like Target. Our last day in Boise Mitch had the day off so we decided to go to the Boise Zoo. It was fun and definitely better than Pocatello's small zoo.
 
Giraffe Slide!
 
 

 

 
 
Aren't these two so cute!

 

 
 
Fun to be up close and personal!

 
 
Looking at the creepy snakes.
I kept my distance.

 
 
My sweet Alex.
I just love her!

 

 
 
Touching the turtle.

 
After the zoo we walked around a festival they had going on in the park. Mitch then took Makenzie to a movie while Alex and I did some more shopping. It was a fun to spend the day together, especially since we would be doing three weeks without Mitch.
 
The next morning I cleaned up the apartment and then the girls and I headed back to Pocatello. It was fun to be able to spend a few days with Mitch in Boise and to be able to visit some family. And we'll be able to do it again in January when Mitch goes back for his second rotation there.

No comments:

Post a Comment