Tuesday, October 22, 2013

our first house

On May 24th Mitch and I found out that we were officially first time homeowners! The process was nerve-racking, but in the end worth it. In April Mitch flew to Salt Lake and then drove up to Pocatello to look at houses. After a day in Pocatello looking at homes Mitch and I spent several hours on the phone talking about each home. We finally decided on a home that we felt would be the best and put in an offer. After all the negotiating, inspection and signing our names a million times it was finally official, the home was ours! The next step was for me to see it in person :)

The kitchen.

 
 
Dining area.
We used a card table and chairs as our dining table for the first 2 months.

 

 
 
Living room.
The doors lead to our laundry stuff.

 
 
Off of the hall by the laundry is the girls room and a bathroom.
Girls room.
 
 
 
Girls room again.
Since taking this picture we have replaced Makenzie's toddler bed with bunk beds.
 
 
 
Girls bathroom.
This room is one of the only spaces I have decorated.
I'll post the details.
 
 
 
Girls bathroom again.
Lots of shelving for laundry.
One of the things I love about this house is that there is plenty of storage space.
 
 
 
Living room again.
Our house is a split entry.
Behind the half-wall is the stairs down to the front door followed by stairs to the basement.

 
 
The door that you can barely see leads to the master bedroom.

 
 
Master bedroom.
The only picture I have is from the day we moved in.
It looks better now, but I haven't decorated yet.
We have a master bathroom, but not any pictures of it.
 
 
 
Toy room. Also known as the princess room.
This is the other room I've sort of decorated.
My mom helped me make the curtains.
I still have some details to finish up and a bunch of things on my wish list.

 

 
 
Downstairs bathroom.
I know how I want to finish decorating.
Just haven't done it yet.

 
 
The den.
The downstairs living area.
The girls like to watch movies down here.

 
 
The open door is our office, but I don't have pictures of it.
The door straight on is a storage closet under the stairs.
And the door to the right leads out to the garage.
We have a garage and I love it!!



I love our house. I love that we have a house, with a garage and yard! When we first got to the house and walked out to the backyard my mom said, "Look, Trigger gets a backyard." Makenzie then said, "It's my backyard too!" She then ran around the yard yelling, "I have a backyard!" over and over. I think she was a bit excited!

I have spent a lot of time working in the yard the last several months. I have also been working on a lot of projects for the house that I'm excited to finish and excited to work on more decorating. We have spent the last 4 and a half months turning this house into our home and we have been loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment