Saturday, December 27, 2014

the dirty dash

September 13

Mitch's sister Elyse invited us to run the Dirty Dash with her. Mitch didn't know what his schedule would be like since we had to register months in advance, but I decided to sign up. Mitch ended up having the weekend off, so we all headed to Salt Lake. The girls stayed with my parents while Mitch and I headed to Midway with the rest of the racing group.

The runners
Katie, Elyse, Tara, me, Matt, Bridget and Bryan

 
 
Our Dirty Dash tattoos.

 
 
The race was a 10K course with several obstacles and LOTS of mud.

 

 
 
This was definitely the hardest obstacle throughout the course.
Besides the monkey bars that I didn't even attempt (my hands were way too slick with mud!)
It was so hard to get over those inflatable barriers!

 

 

 
 
All done. I survived!


We ran a lot of the course, but not it all and that was ok. The obstacles added a challenge, but also made it fun. I was able to do it all, but was definitely not in the best shape. Next time I'll train better! Running as a group was great! I think we all had fun. I'm looking forward to my next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment