Wednesday, May 6, 2015

the pregnancy announcement

March 22

Mitch was rotating in Salt Lake at Primary Children's Hospital for the month of March. Makenzie had a week off for spring break, so the girls and I headed to Salt Lake to be where Mitch was. The day we drove down we had planned a family birthday party for Makenzie. I was a slacker mom and waited until the last minute to buy Makenzie her birthday gifts. Since I waited last minute I wasn't able to get what we wanted. Mitch said that he would pick up another gift for her when he was in Utah. This worked out great since I decided to add another 'special' gift.

I had a friend take a few pictures of me and turned them into a card for Makenzie. 


 

I wrapped the card up in a box and wrapping paper and then included it in the pile of gifts that she was going to open. Mitch and I then waited until she chose our gift. She opened it and then read it out loud. Those sitting closest to Makenzie figured out the news first, but it spread quickly to everyone else. I get anxiety about sharing news, but it was exciting to tell our girls. Having both families there made it more exciting and crazy! It's nice to have the news out!

*If I can shorten the video I have of Makenzie opening her gift, I'll get it posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment