Monday, April 6, 2015

16 weeks 4 days

April 6

*note* I will go back and get caught up with everything that has happened in our lives over the last 6 months. In the meantime, I will be posting some current updates along with some catch up posts.

In major news...we are expecting! Baby #3 is due in September (the 17th to be exact). 2 weeks ago we shared the news with our girls and families. Since finding out, Makenzie has been telling everyone she sees. She'll open the front door to visitors and quickly say, "My mom is pregnant!" We've had a few surprised friends!

Our families were equally surprised. Several of our family members thought we were going to stick with just our two girls and weren't expecting us to have another. Mitch and I are private about these things, so they had come to that conclusion on their own. Although they thought we were done, they were excited for us.

The last two weeks have been interesting. Having kids old enough to understand what is going on has been fun! Both Makenzie and Alex were excited to hear that there was a baby in my belly. Makenzie says she can't wait for September to get here and every time I refer to the baby Alex corrects me by saying, "baby brother." Disclaimer: we do not know the gender of the baby yet, but Alex insists it's a baby brother. The girls also say that they can't wait for my belly to get bigger. Not sure I'm as excited for that.

My favorite thing up until this point happened last Friday. The girls and I met Mitch and the clinic and he did an ultrasound to show the girls the baby. It was SO fun! I'll post more details about this later.

Here's some of the details about this pregnancy thus far...

I found out I was pregnant in January.
We shared our news when I was 14 weeks 3 days along.
This is the earliest we've ever shared our news.
Yes, I had morning sickness.
But it was in the evening.
Yes, I went on a cruise while pregnant.
And yes, I felt sick at times.
I have a goal to work out throughout the entire pregnancy.
There were a few weeks that working out was really hard.
I don't love eating.
It usually makes me feel gross, no matter what it was.
Except tacos.
The last couple of weeks I have really craved tacos.
My doctor is Dr. Dyer, one of Mitch's faculty members.
I've already had 3 visits.
One was just with the nurse.
So far, no weight gain.
Last visit I actually had lost 4 lbs.
I'm really nervous about the weight gain.
I started this pregnancy out heavier than my last two.
Another goal is to not get too stressed about the weight gained.
They couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler at my last appt.
Dr did an ultrasound and everything was fine.
I have an anterior placenta.
I have now already had 3 ultrasounds.
First one, vaginal to determine how far along I was.
Second, when they couldn't detect a heartbeat.
Third, Mitch did one to show the girls the baby.
I'm still wearing all of my regular clothes.
In the evening wearing my jeans is uncomfortable around the waist.
I just change into more comfy clothes.
I already take Pepcid AC everyday.
If I don't I get heartburn.
Makenzie and Alex ask a lot of questions about the baby and pregnancy.
And make the best comments about it!
Next appt. April 9.
We schedule the big ultrasound!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Baby #3! That's very exciting! It's fun seeing how big your girls are getting! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete