Tuesday, June 9, 2015

halloween: a hulk, an elsa and an actual working resident

October 31

Yay, it's Halloween!! We have certain traditions that most people have at Halloween time, but we weren't able to fit them all in before the big day. We were busy partying! So on Halloween during the day the girls and I carved our pumpkin. Mitch was working as a real doctor on the OB floor that day. No pretend dress up for him :)

Hollowing out the pumpkin.
Makenzie HATED the pumpkin guts!




I finally got her to dig right in!




The final product!


Next up, we headed to the hospital to visit Dad before trick-or-treating.

The Hulk & Elsa



Visiting Daddy!
The OB nurses are awesome and even gave the girls each a treat.


Trick-or-Treating! We headed to one of our friend's neighborhoods to trick-or-treat with them. Spencer is one of the residents and he had to work as well. So, us moms decided it would be more fun and easier trick-or-treating together, rather than on our own.



Some of the kids.



By the end of the night Alex was exhausted, but wanted to eat more candy. I told her she could pick one more piece to eat. In true Alex manner, she picked the full-size Twix!



Kenzie's loot!
Let's make sure none of those wrappers have been tampered with :)



Since Alex was so tired, she headed to bed pretty much right when we got home. The next morning she was excited to check out what she had collected (well, what wasn't eaten the night before)!


We had a great Halloween! We missed Mitch, but I think I'm getting pretty good at doing holidays and events without him (I would still prefer him to be there, but it's manageable). Now let's hope cavities aren't the outcome from all of that candy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment