After I was all cleaned up and had calmed down it was time to get ready to move to my recovery room. Mitch headed to the nursery to give Felicity her first bath. By the way, I think it's a little weird they take the baby to the nursery for the bath. Both of our other girls were bathed right in the room with us. Anyway, while Mitch was in the nursery with Felicity he was able to show her off to some of the residents. I ate breakfast and then was moved to the recovery side of the hospital. Once Mitch was back with Felicity we had a little bit of time as just the three of us.
Early afternoon Mitch left to pick up the girls. After getting Makenzie from school they headed to the hospital to meet their sister. I think this is one of my favorite moments! Alex and Makenzie were so excited and happy!
Kenzie just wanted to sit and hold her.
Alex liked holding her, but was also interested in all of my snacks and exploring the hospital room.
With my three girls!
(Don't mind the hospital gown/robe and chubby face -
I hadn't changed my clothes yet.)
One of the best moments was when the girls asked the inevitable question, "How did the baby come out of your belly?" Well...
Mitch pulled out his phone and showed them diagrams and explained how a baby comes out of a mommy's belly. They took it well!
The girls stayed for a while, but then it was time to get them home and fed. It was so fun to watch the girls finally meet their sister!



No comments:
Post a Comment