Sunday, April 18, 2010

American Red Cross

After we moved to Louisville I stopped by the chapter office of the American Red Cross to set up me as an instructor. Unfortunately, it has been difficult for me to set up a time to go teach. Mitch has been so busy with school and I have been working several nights a week. Plus, I am hesitant to schedule things during the daytime (I don't like asking people to watch Makenzie). Well, on Thursday night I taught an Adult CPR/AED review class. I only had 6 participants, so I was able to spend some time with each person helping them with their skills. I was so nervous before (partially why it has taken me so many months to actually teach), but I had a great time teaching. I love teaching CPR (not as much as Lifeguard Training, but still love it). I am so glad that I have worked for people that had a passion for teaching and that it rubbed off on me. I hope that I have been able to influence others to teach or to just get certified. And, if you aren't certified, you should definitely go get certified. CPR is a skill that everyone should know, it could save someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment