Saturday, April 24, 2010

My days with Makenzie!

While Mitch is at school during the day Makenzie and I try to keep ourselves busy. One way we do that is by going to the zoo. Makenzie LOVES to look at the animals (if she notices it that is)! When she does notice an animal she'll just point and stare. During our last few visits to the zoo I took some pretty good pictures of the animals.

Makenzie loves the Elephants!



Giraffes!



More of the elephants.



Makenzie watching the Gorillas. One kept walking right pass the glass and all the kids kept getting scared, except for Makenzie.



Lately, Makenzie has been really liking her stuffed animals. She loves to just hug them and lay with them. She has also really liked watching movies (for a little while). There are Baby Boost videos on On Demand that we play for her and she just loves them. While we are setting it up she starts clapping. I try to use the videos and movies for when I need to get some things done. They entertain her for 20 minutes or so (it's a good time for a shower). Makenzie has also started pointing at EVERYTHING! She'll just stand and point.

Makenzie with her Military Police bear pointing.



Makenzie chilling on her bed watching Care Bears.



I also spend a good portion of the day cleaning up after Makenzie. She loves to make a mess. We try to keep her contained to one room at a time so the mess doesn't spread to the entire house. She also loves opening cabinet doors. She use to just open and shut them, but now she's taking things out. I think it is time to put the childproof clasps on them.

I love being able to spend my days with Makenzie. Sometimes she drives me nuts with her major attitude, but she is way too cute to stay mad at for too long. She does a lot of funny things now and is showing a lot of personality. I never know what to expect with her!

Makenzie Lou (like I said way too cute)!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the not being able to stay mad! They are too precious to be angry at.
    I think she is so cute, and I love the sandals.

    I can't wait to be spending the summer at the zoo too :)

    ReplyDelete