One of my goals is to start a craft blog, but I haven't had time to do that and might not for a little while. So, I have decided to post the cards that I have made since being here in Louisville. Something I decided to do since moving to Louisville is for each holiday send a card to our families back in Utah. Each card has a picture of Makenzie so they can see her grow.
Halloween 2009 - Our little pumpkin! This was the first card I've sent. I had Makenzie pose for the picture. I used a 4x6 photo and trimmed it to the size I wanted. I also used alphabet stamps to spell out "Happy Halloween."
Thanksgiving 2009 - I loved Makenzie's messy face! I used wallet sized photos. They are much easier to incorporate into a card. I decided to include things that I was thankful for. I felt that the picture showed why I was thankful for them!
Valentine's Day 2010 - Not a great picture, but loved the red and pink. I used blank cards and my cricut to cut out the hearts.
The inside! Just a simple poem.
Makenzie's First Birthday Announcements - I wanted to send something to our family and friends for Makenzie's birthday that weren't invitations to her birthday party. I knew they wouldn't be able to make it!
The inside - I found this adorable poem online! I bought a package of cupcake stamps and used them to decorate the cards. I stamped them and then colored them with colored pencils. I then cut them out and put them where I wanted them.
I included a picture and update on Makenzie.
Makenzie's First Birthday Party Invitations - These were for Makenzie's (and our) friends that we invited to her party.
Easter 2010 - I used notecards and added the embellishments. I started making these later than I wanted. The notecards made it easy to get done quickly.
The inside - Our little bunny!
I love that I have a picture and something from each holiday/event! Hopefully our families love getting these cards as much as I love making them!
Seriously Lindsey this is ridiculous!! I've watched your blog for a while and am very impressed at how domestic you are. You've got a talent and I'm glad you share it! Elisabeth
I am the wife and Mitch is the resident. Makenzie and Alex are our amazing little girls. Mitch graduated medical school and we moved to Pocatello, ID for residency. These are our adventures!
Seriously Lindsey this is ridiculous!! I've watched your blog for a while and am very impressed at how domestic you are. You've got a talent and I'm glad you share it!
ReplyDeleteElisabeth