Wednesday, November 2, 2011

halloween...the last of it

October 31

Our Halloween was busy, but a lot of fun! It did start of a little scary. I watched a black widow crawl into my pantry and then had to find and kill it. I absolutely hate spiders and was totally freaked out! Once the spider was dead I was able to move on to more fun things.

I made donuts for the first time. Apple cider spiced donuts to be exact. They turned out pretty good. I think next time I will make them a little smaller.



Makenzie and I carved her pumpkin. I thought she would like helping gut the pumpkin, but she refused to put her hand in it. I think it turned out cute.





My costume. Thanks Kate for sending me the shirt. I got a lot of fun comments.



The kids ready to head out trick-or-treating.



Makenzie was so much fun this year. She loved the trick-or-treating!



She was really slow though. Always the last one and easily distracted.



Makenzie and Ad'Lynn. Makenzie had to hold someone's hand. She tried to hold Josh's, but he wasn't really wanting to!



Makenzie & Daddy!



Family pic!



She was very excited to go through all of her candy! She received quite the loot! We didn't go to enough houses for her to get so much, but most people were giving handfuls to each kid.



We also had chili and rolls for dinner. It was another new recipe and it turned out great. Makenzie didn't get to bed until after 10:30 due to the crazy sugar high she was on. It was worth it though. She had a blast!

This last month was so busy, but so much fun! I can't believe October is over. However, I am really excited for the holiday season. November should be another fun month!

1 comment: