I have been wanting to do more activities with Makenzie at home. Lately, she has been watching too much TV. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some TV for Makenzie, but it has been getting a little excessive. I have also been feeling like I need to get more involved in the activities she's doing at home. My sister came up with this idea to read a book and do a coordinating project with it once a week. Now we have a plan for an activity for Makenzie and I to do together, plus we'll be going to the library more again. After we've done the project we'll post it on our blog and Brooklyn and Avery can see what Makenzie did.
First up it was 'The Paper Bay Princess' by Robert N. Munsch. Makenzie was so excited when Mitch brought the book home from the library. We read it to her at least once a day (most of the time more) for over a week. For the activity we turned a paper bag from the grocery store into a princess dress. Makenzie had a good time coloring with markers all over the bag, but wasn't too into wearing it!
Next time I'll get pictures of the process. Check out what Brooklyn and Avery did here.

Hey how do you link up? I need to link Makenzie's projects to ours too! The girls will wear their dress for a couple minutes a day, but that's all. Not a long term dress up item :)
ReplyDeleteBrooklyn loved seeing Makenzie's dress, she smiled and said BEAUTIFUL!
Makenzie is so pretty. Love her. I'm so glad we are doing this. It will be good for all of us!
Thanks Kate! Makenzie loved seeing Avery and Brooklyn's too!
Delete