Friday, September 14, 2012

my birthday

August 15

I have turned 28. And for some reason I was feeling a lot older. It might be that for the last several months I had been seeing all of the plans for my 10 year high school reunion. Living in Kentucky and the cost of travel didn't allow me to attend (which I was actually fine with). It did succeed it making me feel 28.

Mitch was at the hospital all day, so the girls and I hung out. We started by going swimming at Calypso Cove.

She looks so happy.





When Mitch got home, I opened presents. He got me a pair of Toms and the girls got me a movie and a flower. Apparently, every time Mitch asked Makenzie what she wanted to get me for my birthday she said a flower. She was pretty excited to give it to me! In the package Mitch's parents sent me there were a couple of balloons. Makenzie immediately confiscated them. This actually provided Mitch and I with some hilarious entertainment!








See what I mean!


We went to dinner at Havana Rumbas (a Cuban restaurant). It was yummy.


As we were leaving Havana Rumbas, Makenzie had noticed a table of young ladies enjoying a girls night. I had my hands full of our leftovers and the diaper bag and Mitch was carrying Alex in the carseat. Makenzie decided to go over to the table with the girls and climbed up into their booth. With our arms being full, we were unable to stop her. She proceeded to say hi, ask their names and how they were doing. The girls were laughing and thought she was pretty funny. I guess our party was boring and she thought they were having more fun! We can't believe how outgoing and social she is!


Mitch was sweet and got me a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. My favorite! They sang 'happy birthday' and Makenzie helped blow out my candle. Don't you love the flower Makenzie got me! 



Despite feeling older (or actually feeling my age) I had a great birthday. Thank you to all of our family and friends for the packages, cards and birthday wishes. I felt very spoiled and loved!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you! I love the out fit Makenzie is wearing in the pictures of her trying to blow up the balloons. She is such a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of her blowing up the balloon! So cute. Happy Birthday Sis. I too have been realizing lately that I am getting old(er) I look at our missionaries and feel like they look like babies and I need to take care of them. Where as before I felt like I was on of them.
    That picture of you and Makenzie is one that Makenzie is going to find when she is older and LOVE it. You guys look so great. Beautiful mommy!

    ReplyDelete