I turned 29 this year. It's my final year in my twenties! We were able to spend the day together as a family, which was a bonus! We started with lunch at the Portneuf Brewery. It was delicious!
Following lunch, we did some shopping and picked me out some new clothes. Then Makenzie and I went on a movie date and saw Planes. After the movie we headed home for some cake. I wanted to try a new recipe so I made my own cake, a lemonade cake.
Kenz said the cake needed a princess!
It was a good day! Here's to my last year before I hit 30!
September 12
Mitch was on a busy service so we split up his birthday celebrations over a few days. The night before we took him to dinner at one of his favorites, Red Lobster. Makenzie requested we take her there for her birthday too.
On his birthday the girls and I made his favorite cake, which is a family recipe. Makenzie chose to put Flynn Ryder/Eugene on the cake because he is a boy. She said she couldn't put Rapunzel on the cake because she's a girl and Mitch is a boy. Good logic, I guess!
It was definitely good to be able to take a little time to celebrate our birthdays amongst Mitch's crazy schedule! Here's to getting older, and hopefully wiser too!

Happy birthday you two! How was the lemonade cake?
ReplyDelete