Wednesday, May 7, 2014

ice skating

February 12

We have been watching the Olympics and we are loving it! Anytime the TV is on, we're watching Olympic events. Makenzie loves it! She has gotten really into the Olympics. Especially the figure skating. She has been asking to go ice skating a bunch, so we decided to take her. She was in heaven and talked about how one day she'll be in the Olympics. I love that she's starting to dream and make goals. I also love that she's wanting to try new things. This was a fun family outing and we were lucky enough to have Nikki, Lynlee and Tara join us!

Getting our skates on!

 
 
First time on the ice.
Alex really struggled keeping her feet under her.
Lynlee got the hang of it pretty quick!

 
 
Alex may have had a hard time, but she loved it.
We would have her sit and rest, but she would get so upset and wanted back on the ice. It was a little hard for Mitch and I because we had to constantly be holding her up, but I'm glad that Alex liked it. Next time we'll go somewhere with a walker for her to use.

 
 
Kenzie got the hang of it and had a blast.
She fell a lot, but would get right back up and keep going.
I was so proud of her!!

 

 
 
She was seriously smiling the entire time!

 
 
Lynlee and Alex taking a phone break.
They're watching 'Let It Go' on YouTube.

 
 
Tara, Nikki and I!

 
Since going, Makenzie has been asking to go again. I love that she loved it! Maybe we'll need to put her in some classes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment