Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bye, Bye Binky!

A week ago (Wednesday the 18th) when I put Makenzie down for a nap she looked around her crib and noticed there wasn't a binky. She then began to scream. She screamed for about 10 minutes before I gave in and took her a binky. She popped the binky in and rolled over to sleep. I realized that she was way too dependent on a binky to sleep. A few months ago we started only using the binky for sleeping (and sometimes church), but after realizing how dependent she was on it I decided it needed to go. That night I put her to bed without a binky. She cried for about a half an hour before going to sleep. The next day it was the same thing before her nap. However, by Friday night there wasn't much crying before going to sleep. And now I am happy to say she is binky free! She actually hasn't had a binky since that nap when I gave in and took her one, and now she doesn't act like she misses it.

Bye, bye binky!!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully she doesn't discover her thumb as a nice alternative. Good to see that you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete