Sunday, November 7, 2010

Goodbye Colton!

First of all - Mom don't read this!


Today my little brother leaves for Iraq. We've known for a while that he was going, but it really hit me when he called me earlier this week to tell me the day he was leaving. It's hard for me to think that he is old enough to even go. He has grown up a lot in the last couple of years, but he is still my little brother. He actually recently got engaged! I'm excited to get to know Tina and have her a part of the family. Colton is a great brother and uncle! We're definitely going to miss him! Here are some pictures of Colton!

Makenzie (2 months old) and Colton after he officially joined the Army.



Mitch, Makenzie and I with Colton before he left for basic training.



Saying goodbye at the airport as he was leaving for training. While he was gone Mitch, Makenzie and I moved to Louisville.



Last December Makenzie and I met my parents in St. Louis and were able to go to Colton's graduation at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. This is Colton and I at lunch!



Makenzie, Colton and I at his graduation ceremony!



Makenzie and her bear! She actually sleeps with this bear at night. If you can't see what it says, it says "Someone in the M.P. (Military Police) Corps loves me!"



As we drove to Utah this last May we stopped in Fort Riley, KS to see Colton. We were in Utah for two weeks and Colton came for a few days of it. It was good to spend some time with my entire family together! It will be a while until that happens again. Makenzie and Colton in Kansas!



We're going to miss you Colton.
We'll keep you in our prayers.
We'll send you lots of letters, pictures and packages.
Thank you for your service.
We love you so much!

1 comment: