Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween - Yesterday!

We have already been doing a lot of Halloween things, but our weekend was full of even more! As I was looking online for ideas of a spooky treat for the Halloween playdate I saw a few things I thought would be fun to make. So Thursday afternoon Makenzie and I made Witch Hat Cookies.

The end result!



I would put frosting on the middle of the cookie and Makenzie would add the Hershey kiss.



After putting a Hershey kiss on the cookie she would occassionally pop one in her mouth! Here she is after the cookies were done!



For dinner last night I made mummy dogs and few other Halloween treats. Mitch thought I was crazy for putting in the time and effort when Makenzie wouldn't know the difference. I told him that a tradition has to start sometime.

Mummy Dogs!



Worms in the Mud Dessert



Makenzie eating her Halloween dinner (she actually wouldn't eat anything but the rolls because we had just woken her up)!



Yesterday we also went to a friend's home to play games and we took the kids trick-or-treating. It was a lot of fun! By the end of the night Makenzie was a full on candy thief!

Makenzie and I trick-or-treating!



Makenzie getting the candy! At one house as the lady was putting candy in her bucket, Makenzie grabbed extra candy from their bowl! Crazy girl!



Everyone!



This isn't even Makenzie's candy bucket! She took over the candy at Meghan and Bryce's. By the end of the night she had put a bunch of candy from their candy bucket into hers! Like I said, candy thief!



I love this picture! Doesn't she look a little scary! I'm pretty sure Makenzie is experiencing a sugar high!



We had a fun Halloween! Mitch took time away from studying for his block exam to enjoy some Halloween festivities (he even hates Halloween). This next week Mitch will be doing nothing, but studying! His second block exam is Friday, which means two blocks down and only four more to go of his second year! We hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween! Here are some pictures of the card I sent to our families!




HAPPY HALLOWEEN (a day late!)

No comments:

Post a Comment