Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Independence Day 2011

July 4, 2011

Our 4th of July was pretty low key this year. We started out by making some star sugar cookies. I bought a kit and let Makenzie frost and sprinkle the cookies. She had fun decorating the cookies, but enjoyed eating them more!

Makenzie adding her sprinkles.



A cookie for her and a cookie for Daddy.



Makenzie eating her cookie! (Don't you love her crazy hair!)



We decided not to go see a fireworks show, but instead bought sparklers for Makenzie. Makenzie had so much fun! We went through the entire 30 pack!

Mitch lighting the sparkler. Love Makenzie's reaction!



Cute Makenzie with her sparkler!



Now let's make it a sparkler in each hand!





Before the sparklers I had given Makenzie one of the popsicles I had made earlier in the day. They were suppose to be red, white and blue, but the juices I used ended up blending together. I don't think that really affected the flavor!

Makenzie enjoying her popsicle!



It was a fun 4th! I love being able to see Makenzie experience the different traditions of the holiday. And I'm grateful that we get to celebrate the freedoms we enjoy in this beautiful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment