Tuesday, May 29, 2012

pure awesomeness

May 14

Most Monday nights I get together with some of my friends for a girl's night.  Occasionally, we go to the Comfy Cow to get some ice cream (which is completely amazing).  We had talked for over a year about getting the Comfy Cow sundae as a group.  This sundae is 15 scoops of ice cream (which are large), 4 syrups, 2 toppings, plus whipped cream and a bowl of cherries.

We decided we were going to do it the last girl's night before Kailee moved.  Once we were all there we were actually talking about not doing it.  There would be 6 of us and we weren't sure it would be worth the $40 the sundae cost.  Finally, we just decided we were doing it.  So, we picked out the flavors and waited for our sundae to come to the table.


Our sundae!
It came on a huge lazy susan tray.  This poor girl had to wait a few minutes while we all took pictures of the sundae.  She said like 3 times that it was heavy before we finally let her set it down.  It was funny that the guy working brought out the 6 paper bowls and spoons and he let this girl carry the ice cream.



Yumminess!
Our ice cream flavors included cookies 'n cream, dulche de leche, chocolate squared, butter peacon, chocolate strawberry, almond joy, and a few that I'm forgetting.  We had hot fudge, caramel, butterscotch and peanut butter sauces.  The peanut butter sauce was AMAZING!  So glad we discovered this.  Our toppings were nuts and heath bar, along with the cherries and mounds of whipped cream.



Erin and Ad'Lynn!
Ad'Lynn was so giddy - it was awesome!



Kailee and I!



Group photo!
From left to right - Ali, Erin, Ad'Lynn, myself, Kailee and Corissa!  
We had to hurry and take pictures before the ice cream started to melt.  We hurried and put the different scoops into separate bowls.  We didn't want the flavors to mix!



All gone!
Well, as gone as we could get it.
The MVP award would definitely have to go to Erin.  I think she ate like 6 scoops!  Once we finished we combined all of the toppings and syrups into the bowl and then took a bite.  Holy sweetness!  Not a bite I want to have again anytime soon!



I'm so glad that we FINALLY got this ice cream sundae!  It was so much fun, plus so delicious!  I'm rooting for it to be an annual event.  Too bad next year we'll be getting it before I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment