We were all up early this morning. Most everyone had to head to the airport first thing. Mitch helped drive them while Nikki, Matt and I finished cleaning up the house and got our things packed up. Once Mitch made it back we loaded up our van and we headed to Disney. Matt and Nikki's flight wasn't until later in the day, so we talked them into coming with us for some more Disney fun!
We headed to Epcot to explore the areas we hadn't already been to, then headed back to the Magic Kingdom. Matt was able to get in a ride on Space Mountain before it was time for them to head to the airport.
Checking out all the Innovation stuff.
We also rode Nemo and check out the aquariums.
The girls loved it!
Had to document one of the tantrums.
Disney wasn't all smiles :)
Uncle Matt helping Makenzie explore.
Walking down Main Street USA.
I love the smile on Makenzie's face!
Alex got pretty good at sleeping in her stroller.
As Matt and I came off of Space Mountain it started to rain. Matt and Nikki had to head out of the park and Mitch, the girls and I decided to ride the Buzz ride. When we came out of that we were trying to decide what to next or if we should call it a day and start our drive when it really started to pour. We took cover for a little bit, but then realized that's what everyone was doing. Ride times were dropping for the rides with the cue and ride outside. So, we decided to brave the rain and hit up a few more things before leaving.
I love this picture.
Normally there are people all around the castle.
But with the rain, no one was there :)
I covered the stroller with one of the ponchos I had with me.
Good thing I had those!
Merida!
Normally her line is really long (like a 45 min. wait).
With the rain there were only 5 people in line.
We originally wanted to meet Minnie, but she was inside and that's where all the people went. So we rode the Goofy rollercoaster a few times. Makenzie LOVED it! Then as we were walking back to the main gates we walked through the shops and bought a few souvenirs, a Mickey cookie cutter and my photo album. Right as we were leaving we noticed the exit area blocked off due to the Celebration parade. We were able to grab a good spot to watch. Little Alex got really into it. It was adorable. I'm a mean mom and woke Makenzie up so she could watch too :) It was the perfect way to wrap up our time at Disney!
Alex clapped as the floats and characters came by.
So cute!
We love Mary Poppins!
Captain Hook.
For months she would tell me when she saw him at Disney World she was going to tell him that he was mean and needed to be nice. Well, she didn't get to talk to him, but was excited to see him.
Waiting for the monorail to take us back to the van.
I love Kenz's face and that Alex is sucking on the stroller!
Silly girls of mine :)
I could have stayed another week at Disney. There were a lot of things I had wanted to do that we didn't get to, but then there were a bunch of great things that I didn't 'plan' that we experienced. The week in Orlando was seriously magical! A lot of great memories were made and I have many, many pictures to prove it!
Once on the road, we started the trek home, but luckily we had a few more fun stops along the way :)

No comments:
Post a Comment