April 20
To kick of the two week festival is Thunder Over Louisville. We had spent the entire day at the Waterfront the first year we were in Louisville, but left before fireworks. We watched them on TV every year (and I worked). With the weather being rainy and colder we decided to watch the fireworks from the med school building. And we were lucky enough to have good friends join us!
Playing by the elevators while waiting for the fireworks to start!
The girls love playing with Corissa!
Alex and food.
She sure loves her food!
Katie, Savanna and Gabe!
Makenzie got a little up close and personal with Kris!
Not that bad of a view.
Plus we were warm.
All bundled headed back to the van!
May 1
The few days leading up to Oaks and Derby they hold Dawn at the Downs. Dawn at the Downs is exactly that. You can go to Churchill Downs early in the morning to watch the horses get some practice time in. Katie and I decided to get up early and take our girls to see the horses. It was early, but it was fun!
Savanna and Katie.
They always take such great pictures!
(unlike me. look above)
Thank you to the nice guy that offered to take a group shot.
Too bad we were staring into the morning sun.
And like I said, Katie always takes a great picture :)
Couldn't forget a picture of Alex eating!
May 4
Each year our good friends, Kris and Corissa, throw a Derby party. There is always a lot of good food, great friends and of course, the big race!
Hot dog bar.
Little Alex playing.
She is too cute!
Dax and Makenzie.
They were reunited for a couple of weeks.
Had to include this picture!
Love me some Ad'Lynn :)
Sad that this year was our last Derby in Louisville, but this will be a tradition we take with us. We will definitely watch the big race year after year and will be throwing our own parties!
.jpg)

That's exactly how I feel about everyone else... They take great pictures, and I don't!!! I need a smile coach.
ReplyDeleteI will come to one of your derby parties! :)