Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lots of Halloween Fun!

We have been busy having bunches of Halloween fun! On Wednesday we went to Halloween storytime at the library. Makenzie was able to wear her fairy costume and they read Halloween stories. After the stories they were able to make a pumpkin!

Makenzie at story time!
Making her pumpkin!
After story time we went to the park for lunch and to play on the playground. I had forgotten the extra clothes to change her into (so we could keep her costume clean) so she just had to play in her tights and onesie. She had fun playing on the playground with all of her friends!

Makenzie on the slide! This park was awesome! The perfect size for our little kids! Makenzie went down the slide over and over again!


Last night our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat at the church! I handed candy out at our car while Mitch took Makenzie trick-or-treating to all of the cars! She had a great time collecting all of the candy!

Makenzie waited patiently for the Trunk-or-Treat to start! They did a little costume parade in the gym before heading outside.


Makenzie all ready to go! My camera died so I didn't get any pictures of her trick-or-treating :(

At home checking out what she got! She kept grabbing a piece of candy and saying please. We eventually had to cut off her sugar intake.
Today Makenzie and I went to a Halloween playdate. Everyone brought a Halloween snack. The food was awesome! All of the kids had a lot of fun playing together and the Mom's got to sit and talk! Thank you Jodie!

The witch pretzels I made for our Halloween snack! There was a little drama with these. As we were leaving (late) to the playdate I set the plate of pretzels on top of the car while I put Makenzie in her carseat. Well, I drove off with them still on the top of the car. I realized this when I saw in my rearview mirror the plate fly off behind the car and all of the pretzels shatter in the road. Luckily, I had made a lot and still had some inside!


The amazing food! Ghost rice crispy treats, pretzel spiderwebs, apple monster mouths, monster cupcakes, bone breadsticks, yummy salad, and the white chocolate popcorn! We also had a delicious soup and mummy hot dogs! Everyone did an awesome job on their Halloween snacks! The kids loved them all!

When all of the kids were outside playing, this was Makenzie. Watching the dog in the other yard (it wouldn't stop barking - reminds me of a dog I know, Trigger!).

Halloween time has been so much fun! I almost don't want it to be over. But I am looking forward to everything we are doing in the next few months, so I guess we can wait until next year to do it all again!

1 comment:

  1. Those witches are SO cute! What a great idea! you and Makenzie do the most fun things! I love to see what you guys are up to, so I can see how to keep Jaxon busy! :-) Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete