May 5
This year we didn't do much for festivities leading up to the derby. I worked most nights that we wanted to go do something. The one night we planned to got to the balloon glow didn't work out. But, the morning of the derby Makenzie and I did go to our local Kroger to see the winning horses flowers. It was cool to see.
Makenzie in front of the flowers. She wasn't so excited about it.
An elderly Kroger employee talked me into buying Makenzie a balloon in honor of the derby. Next time I'll look at the price before I get to the register. $7 for this giant balloon. Makenzie loved it though!
That evening we headed to our friends, the Langheinrich's, for a derby party. This year was the first year I didn't watch the race at work. We all sat outside in the beautiful weather eating and chatting. We headed inside to put our guess on which horse would win and to watch the race. I didn't get any pictures, but we had a good time. I love derby time in Louisville! And I love spending time with our friends! I would love to go to the race one year and I definitely want to buy a derby hat (if only they weren't so expensive)! Maybe next year.

Oh man that balloon is huge! Such a funny story...maybe not at the time but sometime in the future it will be.
ReplyDeleteYou weren't lying, that is a BIG balloon! :) Very funny. Sounds like so much fun watching the derby.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention that a few days later, the cat clawed the balloon. I was planning on saving it and reusing it due to how much it cost!
ReplyDelete