Well, this is long overdue (sorry Dano!).
Makenzie got her ears pierced! She was very excited about it and so was her daddy. I, however, was a little hesitant. Mitch had been talking to Makenzie about earrings for a while and she was ready to get them. He wanted to get them done for her birthday. Makenzie had started noticing everyone's earrings. A week after Aunt Dano went home Makenzie told me that she loved Dano's earrings and then described them to me. On one of Mitch's days off we had planned to get Makenzie's ears pierced, but then she ended up having another UTI. Instead of a trip to the mall she got a trip to the pediatrician. A week later when Mitch had another day off we headed to Claire's to get Makenzie's ears pierced.
Daddy was the helper while I tried to get a good video of it. And Miss Alex slept in the stroller the whole time. Unfortunately, the video won't upload. When I can get it to work I'll post it.
Makenzie did great, however she wouldn't really smile after it was done. She picked out the white daisy earrings and loves them! She likes showing her earrings to everyone!
The before picture!
All done! She was happy to get a sucker.
The after picture!
Makenzie has loved having earrings, minus a week after getting them pierced. While she was suppose to be napping she ended up taking out one of the earrings. Mitch and I both couldn't get the earring back in. Eventually, I just held her head down and Mitch pushed the earring back through. Makenzie screamed. Poor girl. That was worse than when they were originally pierced. She learned her lesson though, and hasn't taken them out again. She's not a fan of having her ears cleaned and hates taking her shirts off because occasionally they snag her earrings. But overall, she loves her earrings. So does Mitch. And I even love them. Initially, I was sad that we had her ears pierced because she looked so much older, but they've grown on me and I love her with her earrings. She looks adorable!

She looks so cute with earrings. You are so much braver than me. For some reason I just can't do it, it is probably because it will make her look older.
ReplyDelete