Due to Mitch's hours on his last rotation I have been able to work a little more. This has really helped out with our finances. Every little bit helps! Having taken time off after Alex was born and knowing our upcoming financial responsibilities, the more I can work, the better. The general manager has always been great to work with regarding my availability. Although, I don't want to make a career in the restaurant business, I have really been blessed with the job I have. I was actually given employee of the month, MVP - most valuable player, for the month of June. It was a nice surprise.
About a month ago I was released from my calling in the primary. It was time for a new presidency. My first Sunday after being released I felt a little lost. I also felt like Sunday school goes on forever. The last few weeks, however, I have been subbing a primary class. So, I haven't been too separated from it yet. A couple of weeks ago I was extended a new calling, Relief Society teacher. When asked what I thought/felt about that, I admitted that I was pretty intimidated. I lucked out and my first lesson isn't until July 8th. I'll be able to go to Relief Society for a few weeks beforehand, although the anticipation of the lesson is stressing me out. I was set apart two Sundays ago and received the perfect blessing. It's amazing how the most perfect things can be said through the promptings of the spirit.
Makenzie has really been showing a lot of interest in school. I'm still undecided about putting her into preschool this fall, but am leaning towards not enrolling her. Unfortunately, working that into our budget would be a struggle. I have decided to look into some camps at the Y during the summer and putting her into a dance class. I've been working with her on learning her letters, writing, numbers, etc. We call it homework time. She has really been liking it. I think these camps and dance would help her with the social atmosphere along with following directions. Plus, she really would enjoy the time away from home and me. She has gotten a bit of my independence.
Alex is just pure joy. She is a very happy and content little one. I'm always updating what's new with her. There is just always something new. She is constantly progressing and changing. It has really felt like she has been apart of our family forever. Last night I mentioned to Mitch that I couldn't believe that she was born about 5 months ago. It feels like time has been going by way too fast, but at the same time feels like ages ago.
We are trying to spend as much time together as a family as we can. And, we are trying to enjoy as much of Kentucky as we can. We've sort of compiled a Louisville "bucket list." We've been talking about some things that we want to do before we move away. Hopefully, we'll be able to do most of what we would like to. We're just trying to enjoy the rest of the time we have here and this chapter in our lives. This next year should be exciting!

No comments:
Post a Comment