Tuesday, July 3, 2012

churchill downs - a first

June 15

While Kylie was here we decided to take her to Churchill Downs to see some horse races.  I wanted her to experience something that was Kentucky.  This was actually our first time to Churchill Downs as well.  It was pretty warm, but we had a lot of fun.  As we were going through the gate to pay to get in, the older man working handed Mitch 3 tickets for us to get in with.  It was a nice surprise to get in for free!  Makenzie had such a fun time watching the horses and she was hilarious to watch.  With each race she would stand there and clap and yell out the number of horse she was cheering for.  She picked the winner a couple of times!  Too bad we didn't turn her prediction skills into some winnings!


Kylie in front of the spires at Churchill Downs.











Kylie and I.
  One of the pictures Makenzie took of us.  I wish we had gotten a few more of us together.





Dance party!
They would play music in between races and Makenzie just wanted to dance.





Shake it!



The horses were beautiful!  Makenzie kept asking if she could ride one.  One day we'll take her riding.



Clapping!  She really got into it. 



Makenzie and Kylie by the track.



Makenzie and Mommy's turn!



Cute Alex faces!





Alex was so good.  She slept for part of the races and was so happy when awake.





Concentrating on the track!





Just hanging out!  
Makenzie kept us well entertained between races.  It was nice to have her get so much energy out!



We had a great time watching the horse races and plan on going again.  I wish it hadn't taken us this long to experience Churchill Downs.  We'll definitely go again before it's time for us to leave Louisville.  I would love to go to the Oaks or Derby, but I can only imagine how crazy Churchill would be!

After spending several hours at the warm track, we headed to Chick-fil-A for some shakes (and food) and then headed to our air conditioned home.  We were ready to just chill after the warm day at the horse races!

No comments:

Post a Comment