Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gingerbread houses, Christmas lights & Elves - Oh my!

This Christmas time was a lot of fun with Makenzie! She loved all of the different activities we did to celebrate the season and we did a ton!

Candy Chain Countdowns

One tradition we do is a candy chain countdown. I made one for Mitch, Makenzie and I the beginning of December. Makenzie loved it! So I made one just for Makenzie once we arrived at my parents. Her and Brooklyn loved to get a piece of candy a day!



Brooklyn & Makenzie in front of their candy chains!



Gingerbread Houses

We made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers! Makenzie enjoyed putting the candy on the house and even more into her mouth!

Makenzie & I with the start of our house!



Makenzie adding candy decorations to our house!



Everyone with their gingerbread houses!



Gardener Village

Makenzie and I went to Gardener Village with Carolyn (Mitch's mom) and our niece Madyson. Makenzie wasn't feeling well that day so she was a bit ronchy. We had a great time walking around and looking at the elves!

Makenzie and the Elves!



Makenzie did not like sitting with these elves!



Makenzie & I. Can you see the elf above us?



Christmas Lane

My mom, Katelin and I took Brooklyn and Makenzie through Christmas Lane to look at the decorations and lights. This is just a street of houses that have extremely decorated their houses. Each house has some of the "Night Before Christmas" posted on the yard. The girls loved it!

A house along Christmas Lane!



Brooklyn, Grandma & Makenzie



Christmas Breakfast

Every Saturday before Christmas my grandparents have a Christmas breakfast. There is always a gift on the plate of where you sit. After breakfast we do a little story time where each family shares a Christmas story. This year I read from the Bible the birth of Christ.

Makenzie and her breakfast gift!



Francis Christmas Party

This Christmas party is all of Mitch's dad's side of the family. It's actually his dad's mom's side of the family, so there are a lot of people there. The party is a big dinner and then Santa comes and gives gifts to the kids (and some that are not so much kids anymore!). Makenzie loved sitting on Santa's lap!

Makenzie & I with her gift from Santa!



We had so much fun doing all of these great activities and parties with friends and family. We are so lucky! Although we did a lot of celebrating, we tried not to forget the true meaning of Christmas. I am so grateful that we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior each year. I am looking forward to continuing and starting new traditions with my little family! I'm already looking forward to Christmas next year!

1 comment: