Monday, January 10, 2011

Good bye 2010, Hello 2011!

Sorry this post is coming a little late. Our New Year's was pretty much uneventful. I worked until 10:30 or so and came home super tired. Because I was so tired we ended up not going to the party we were invited to. I felt bad we were such bums. When I got home I had already made everything for baked taquitos. I just needed to bake them. So I turned on Beauty and the Beast for Makenzie. I wanted to keep her entertained so she wouldn't be bugging me while I was finishing up in the kitchen. At about 11:20 we were eating and watching the movie. I got Beauty and the Beast on blue-ray for Christmas and we were suprised to see that they added an entire scene (including a song) to the movie. This is my favorite Disney movie and I don't know how I feel about them changing this classic. We paused the movie at about 5 minutes to midnight and turned on Dick Clark's countdown. We busted out a bottle of sparkling grape juice for the big moment. After we rang in the new year we finished the movie and Makenzie was in bed by 12:15.

The yummy taquitos! Thank you Krista for the recipe!



The sparkling grape juice!



10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!



Makenzie loved the sparkling juice!



I'm excited for the new year. I have made several resolutions, a couple include becoming more organized and running a few 5K's. I have also started a health challenge with some of my friends. So far it is going well. I really like the added motivation to get me to do some of the things I know I should. I'm hoping to lose a few pounds in the process of making some healthier habits. I hope you all had an awesome New Years and that 2011 is great year for you!
Happy New Years!

2 comments: