Wednesday, April 6, 2011

bath time

Makenzie absolutely loves taking a bath! And since she has learned her letters she loves it even more. She has some foam letters to play with while in the bath tub.



And this is what she does with them. She'll put one letter in the center of a tile. As she is doing it she's shouting out the letter and/or their sound. It's pretty cute to watch.

When I give her a bath I have her lay down to wash out the shampoo in her hair. We usually count so she'll lay there long enough. And we usually have to do it a couple of times. Another reason for having her lay down is that I want her to get use to having water in her ears. Yes, that is so that she'll be more comfortable swimming. Tonight during her bath she laid down over and over on her own. And loved it! I was so excited. I can't wait for summer so I can teach her how to swim. I do know that she is only 2 and that I shouldn't expect a lot out of her, but I am really excited to have her start learning the swimming basics! Maybe I'll plan a time to take her swimming at the Y sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment