Sunday, April 17, 2011

Relief

That is what I am feeling.

A couple of weeks ago I received a new calling at church. First counselor in the primary presidency. When Mitch and I were meeting with the bishopric member he asked me how I felt about it. I had no idea how I felt! Since then I have experienced excitement, nervousness, sadness & relief (to not do activity days anymore, relief because I won't have a Wednesday evening commitment), overwhelmed, etc. I was able to meet with the president to find out what this calling will entail. Still a wide range of emotions going on. I knew that I would be in charge of sharing times and my first one was for today. Every time I sat down to plan it I couldn't think of anything. I would just feel so stressed. So after a lot of thinking, searching and a phone call to my mom (oh and definitely some praying) I had it prepared. And, it went pretty well. I probably stressed a little more than I needed to. I feel a lot better about preparing sharing times in general. So this feeling of relief is great!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsey! I'm sure you are doing awesome. That's actually my exact calling in my ward and I know how you feel. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete