Monday, April 11, 2011

daddy daughter date

On Friday, Mitch stayed home from school and took Makenzie on a little daddy daughter date. Before I tell about the date I want to give a little background on why this date came about. When I was pregnant with Makenzie, before we knew it was a girl, Mitch really wanted a girl. He wanted to have a little daddy's girl. Well, that isn't really the case with Makenzie. She's a bit of a mama's girl. When I am gone (either to run to the store or at work) and I get home, Makenzie gives me quite the grand homecoming. It doesn't really matter how long I have been gone either. When Mitch gets home she says hi, but then continues with what she is doing. This makes Mitch kind of sad. He wishes she was more excited to see him and spend time with him. Makenzie's preference for me, in my opinion, is an outcome of med school. Mitch is gone a lot. And during the time that Mitch is gone Makenzie is with me. During the days we go places like the park, the zoo, shopping, or to play with friends. When Mitch is home he does give her attention, but his home time is also shared with studying. So to help Makenzie have some quality dad time we planned a daddy daughter date.

So on Friday, Mitch took Makenzie to see the movie Hop. After the movie they went to the park and played for a little bit. I think they both enjoyed their time together (and I enjoyed my alone time).



And since their day together Makenzie asks for dad a little more. Yesterday she didn't really like mom, so it was a dad day. They went for a walk together and she wanted him to help her with everything. This morning when we got up we came downstairs and the first thing she did was look around and then ask for dad. Maybe she'll become a daddy's girl after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment