So springtime in Louisville is derby season. And to kick of all of the derby festivities is Thunder Over Louisville. Thunder is an all day event filled with an air show, music, food, rides and ends with a huge display of fireworks. We have only seen the fireworks on tv though. You can read about last years experience
here.
This year I was planning on asking off the evening at work so we could go down to the water front for the fireworks. I forgot to ask for it off in time, so I was scheduled to work. Then it ended up being a cold, rainy day. We wouldn't have headed down town anyway. I did get off of work in time to get home and watch the fireworks with Makenzie.
Makenzie dancing to the music while watching the fireworks.
They shoot them off of the bridge!
Next year we'll see them in person!
Makenzie dancing around. I used my regular camera and held it the wrong way. Won't do that again! She's a little crazy when it comes to dancing! Oh, sorry it's a little dark and yes, she has a really full diaper. Derby season is a lot of fun! They have so many events and activities going on. We're hoping to be able to go to a bunch more this year! Mitch and I still haven't been to Churchill Downs for some horse races. We'll be getting that in this spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment