Friday, June 8, 2012

4 month well visit

May 31

Alex had her 4 month doctor visit and she's doing great!  Our doctor is currently on maternity leave, so we were able to see Dr. Hart.  She's fantastic!  We love both Dr. Hart and Dr. Lewis.  She asked if Mitch was going to be able to do a rotation at their office during his fourth year.  She said they enjoy having Mitch there.  They have always been so great to Mitch!

Getting weighed!  She always has a messy diaper right when we get to the doctors and today was no different.



Makenzie needing to be a part of the action.





Mommy and Alex!  To entertain Makenzie while waiting for Alex to be checked out I let Makenzie take pictures with my camera.  She did a pretty good job on this one!  I had plenty of pictures of the floor, wall and feet as well!





While waiting we were taking pictures of silly faces.  Here's mine.



And here's Makenzie's - she being a monkey!



Both the girls - Makenzie is getting really good at holding Alex.


 

And her stats are:
weighed 11 lbs 12 oz - 25%
24 inches long - 40%
16 1/4 inch head - 60%



Alex checked out perfect again!  She was happy the entire time, even when they stuck a thermometer in her bum.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Makenzie.  I had to take the camera away after it was dropped.  Makenzie lost it and had one of the worst tantrums I have ever seen.  Let's just say that the entire office could hear her and when Dr. Hart came in she commented that she couldn't believe that sweet Makenzie was having a tantrum.  Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed and Makenzie lost some of her privileges the rest of the day.

Alex's head is still above average in size, but it seems so much smaller than Makenzie's was.  Makenzie's has always been in the 85th percentile or higher.  Alex's weight gain has slowed down, but she's doing just fine.  She's just our itty bitty thing!  We'll get to start some rice cereal in the next month or so.  I'm excited to see how that goes.  We all love Alex to pieces!  I can't believe how fast she is growing!

2 comments:

  1. Lynlee was/is itty bitty too. I can't wait for them to meet and interact. I can't believe how fast she is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post.
    I LOVE your silly face :) Makenzie makes the most adorable monkey.
    What a cute tiny girl Alex is!

    ReplyDelete