Tuesday, October 16, 2012

a book a week project: halloween week 1 - ghosts

October 14

On Monday, I headed to the library excited to pick out some fun Halloween books. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea, just before I did. There were literally only 6 Halloween books left. So, we checked out a few of them and headed home. None of the books had a ghost theme, so I was planning on stopping at another library. I got busy and never made it. I decided to read a few books that had a general Halloween story and focused our activity on ghosts.

The books:
'Trick or Treat Countdown' by Patricia Hubbard
'ABC's Halloween' by Patricia Reader Eubank



We made ghost pancakes for breakfast.
Makenzie said they looked like a hand.
And Mitch said they looked like an octopus.
The second batch looked much better!







For our activity we put up our Halloween decorations.
With how busy I've been I hadn't gotten around to decorating.
Makenzie loved putting together her ghosts on the window!







Aren't they so cute!
$0.97 at Walmart!



I had big plans for the ghost crafts, but with how my week went I wasn't able to get everything I needed and we just didn't have the time. I plan on doing one of them sometime these next couple of weeks. The girls received a fun package from my mom this week that included a few Halloween books. We're excited to be reading these this month! This next week our theme is witches. Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Those window stickers are fun! Makenzie looks so excited about them, cute. :)
    Witches will be fun I need to come up with an activity, as of right now I haven't a glue what we're doing.
    I also need that dang usb cord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like something Anna might enjoy! Can I get in on the book list? And I will try to post pictures on my blog too each week? My email is audra_snideman@yahoo.com! Thanks ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete