Before October began we had planned on doing the book 'It Looked Like Spilt Milk.' We were going to skip it and go on to Halloween themed books, but decided to stick with this one and then in the next few weeks read Halloween books. This one was a more simple craft. I think Makenzie and I both liked that!
'It Looked Like Spilt Milk' by Charles G. Shaw
We put globs of white paint on the construction paper, folded it in half, pushed the paint around, and then opened up the paper to see what the paint looked like.
A butterfly.
We decided on a ladybug for this one.
All three!
Mitch said the middle one looked like a rose.
The best part was the clean up. All I had to do was put the paint back in its box! I also had wanted to lay on a blanket at the park, look at clouds and come up with what they looked like. We didn't get to do that though. Makenzie came down with a cold near the end of the week, which happened to be the warmest days.
Next week we are going to do Halloween books that have a ghost theme. Katelin and I don't know if we'll be able to get the same books so each week for the rest of the month we're going to have a theme and we'll get a book according to that. Then we'll make a craft that goes along with the theme. I love Halloween and am pretty excited to go pick out some books. I'm just hoping the library isn't all out of them!

This was a perfect project for this week. It was a busy week, and this was easier than what we have done, but it still left Brooklyn fulfilled :)
ReplyDelete