Monday, October 29, 2012

swim lessons

October 1

I had been planning on putting Makenzie in dance, but unfortunately that didn't work out. So I decided to sign her up for swim lessons. We wanted her to be able to participate in a class. Plus, I really want her to be more comfortable in the water and to learn more swimming skills. I had tried to work with her over the summer, but I either had Alex or she didn't want to do what I asked. That's okay though. I understand that I am telling her things to do all day, and sometimes kids do better at listening to others than their mom.

I decided to sign her up at the Y. It ended up that Makenzie was the only one signed up for her class. They decided to hold the lessons anyway despite only having Makenzie. I think Makenzie liked the one on one attention and halfway through the classes they combined another class (which only had one little boy) with her.

Makenzie started out a little hesitant to try new things. So much so that her teacher, Ms. Dana, gave her homework each time to practice saying, "I can do it!" Makenzie looked forward to each lesson and improved a lot throughout the lessons.

Ready for her first lesson!
They put these floaties on them.
Not sure I like that.



Kicking!









Mitch was able to come to one of the lessons.
Makenzie loved having him there!



Cute Alex!
She was always so squirmy and wanted down to move.
She would have crawled right into the water though!









Riding her noodle horse that she named Alex.





On the last day they were able to go down the slide.
Makenzie climbing up.



She loved it!
She went down twice.
 And she would have done it over and over if they had let her!



Alex and I!
After each lesson we would stay and I would work out.
It was nice to get in my runs!



So sad it was the last lesson!



She loved her ribbon and progress report!


She really did come a long way. It was so much fun to watch her learn different swimming skills. She now asks me when she can take swim lessons again! I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for water babies!
    Did they have the floaties on the whole time?
    Alex is so cute. I want to hold her tiny little self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Gavin's swim lesson teacher too and we loved her! How awesome she got to have a lesson by herself!

    ReplyDelete