A few weeks ago while we were all at home, Mitch received a phone call. When he got off the phone he came into the room with this weird look on his face and told me that he was chosen to receive a scholarship from the Greater Louisville Medical Society. I would say that was a pretty awesome phone call!
Each year the GLMS has a golf tournament fundraiser. The proceeds are given as scholarships to a few chosen medical students. Mitch was one of the five chosen this year. The scholarship recipients were invited to attend a reception that was held after this years golf tournament. We were able to meet and talk with several doctors from the Louisville area. One doctor asked Mitch how the recipients were chosen. Mitch had no idea, but we sure are grateful that Mitch was chosen!
Each participant was announced and given a BIG check. They accidentally announced that Mitch was accompanied by his wife Meg. Meg is Mitch's good friend, Aaron's wife (Aaron also received one of the scholarships). Dr. Ganzel apologized and made sure everyone knew that nothing 'weird' was going on!
Mitch receiving his check!
After taking this picture, I told Mitch it was definitely going on the blog! I can never get him to smile.
Check out the picture of all of the recipients here.
The two of us (not the best picture)!
Dr. Watkins, the committee chair over the scholarship tournament, thanked everyone that participated. He was a little emotional as he talked about the importance of helping out the next generation of doctors. He said that the medical students deserve the help to become the best doctors they can be and that every person has the right to go to great doctors. We are truly grateful for the GLMS and their support to the U of L medical students!
I am so proud of Mitch and all of his hard work! He has another award to add to his growing list of accomplishments during medical school! I can't believe the end is coming so quickly.

I love the nothing weird is going on :) Funny! Congratulations Mitch!
ReplyDeleteThat is super exciting! Go Mitch!
ReplyDelete